My Favorite Apple Activities

I LOVE fall.  We are having an exceptionally warm fall this year, and I am LOVING it!  The trees are slowly changing to beautiful shades of orange, yellow, and red.  The mums are blooming beautifully, and the nights are cool and crisp. 

When I taught Kindergarten, I always loved kicking off the year with an apple study.  Our science curriculum in first grade is a bit more heavy, so I’m not able to do as much as I like.  We focus heavily on the life cycles of insects through inquiry, but I still love to review the life cycles of pumpkins and apples with the kiddos. 

Here are some of my favorite books to read during our apple unit:

 

 

 

 

I loved making this class art activity after we read The Season’s of Arnold’s Apple Tree.  Kim Adsit shared this activity during on of her sessions and I do it in one way or another every year.

Here are a couple of charts that we did when learning about the life cycle and parts of an apple:

The pictures are on velcro, so the kids can mix them up and sequence them in the correct order.

IMG_2248

Again, the parts are on velcro!

IMG_2249

IMG_2243

I also loved to fill my center drawers with fun apple themed centers! Here are some of my favorites:

IMG_7589

IMG_7590

IMG_7591

IMG_7592

IMG_7593

IMG_7595

IMG_7597

IMG_7598

IMG_7599

Most of these apple activities can be found in these two packs.  I’ve put them on sale for today only (Sunday, 9/27) if you’re interested!

Apples! Math and Literacy Centers It's Fall Y'all! {Seasonal Math and Literacy Activities}

On Friday, we also did a fun directed drawing of Johnny Appleseed! The children are not quite finished with these, but when they are I will snap a picture! I followed the directions from this amazing pack:

Directed Drawings for the Entire School Year: A Growing Bundle

What are your favorite apple activities?  I would love to hear – leave a comment below!

7 comments:

  1. Did you make the velcro activities or did you find them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the privilege rehab for cocaine addicts may appear to be an overwhelming assignment particularly with the nearness of an incredible number of rehab offices. There is no doubt that picking the proper rehab office would be a troublesome choice. In any case, consistently remember the requirements of the someone who is addicted so as to concoct the best decision.
    inspirational quotes for addiction recovery
    addiction recovery quotes


    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is very good. We would like to leave a good article. To read more articles, click here >>>
    bloglovin
    5e68b4dadffdc.site123.me
    manop19.blogspot.com
    babyedok.wixsite.com/mysite
    manop1021.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete