Trying something new….Project 365 & Daily 5

I guess I have been MIA for a while, huh?  I’ve been so busy with life, and I needed to spend a little time away from this little old blog.  I apologize.  My updates may be fewer and more far between these days.  My girls are keeping me busy these days. My husband has been travelling for work a lot.

Life has been busy.

One of my goals this year is to try to slow down – less time on the computer, more time on life.  I want to share with you a little project that I’m doing for my family.  Have you heard of Project 365?  The goal is to take 1 photo a day of anything that happens in your life.

A local photographer has been participating in it for the past 4 years, and I’ve loved how she captures everyday moments in her children’s and families lives.  I’ve always wanted to do it, but found it hard since I don’t always have a camera close by.  But, I do always have my phone close by, and phone cameras are pretty good these days.

So, on January 1, I started chronicling the day by day of my family on Instagram.  Not my Growing Kinders Instagram, but my personal Instagram. 

image

FYI – My personal Instagram is set to private – I like to keep some things private, and the idea of my kiddos faces being all over Instagram kinda scares me. (That’s why you don’t see my posting too much personal info here either!)

Periodically, I’ll print out my Instagram pictures at Printstagram and add them to my Smashbook.  I printed some before Christmas, and they made me SO happy.  I love looking at them.  I love how I’m chronicling my family’s life in such an easy way. 

There are also a few apps available on itunes if you don’t Instagram!

Want to do Project 365 with me?

************************************

Okay, onto the school stuff.  I’ve been dragging my heels about starting Daily 5 for a long time.  I’ve always firmly believed that the Daily 5 is a way of managing literacy centers, and I had such a great handle on my literacy centers.  Kids worked well, the rotations worked great, we loved the activities, I could manage literacy centers  really well.

Well, most of my school wasn’t doing literacy centers.  So they decided to jump on the bandwagon.  My administrator always told me that what I was doing was great.  But, in the back of my mind, I thought I should do more to prepare my kiddos for the “language of the Daily 5.”

Since they already understand literacy centers and rotations, I thought I might as well give it a go.  If I can do it with 25 kids, I can do it with any number of kids, right?

So, I want to visit my colleague Lexy.  She is teaching 1st grade this year, but started using Daily 5 last year in Kindergarten.  She explained to me her rotation chart, and a light went off. 

I can do this.

This chart is the brain child of Lexy.  It’s all her thinking. 

I take no credit for it.

daily 5

I looked at it a few times, and it made NO sense to me.  I’ll explain in more detail in another post how the structure of the chart works.

Oh, and the super cute cards are from {here}.

I store everything I need here:

IMG_8261

Except for listening to reading – I forgot to take a picture of my storage for those.  I’ll try to snap a picture tomorrow!

Many of the activities in the drawers are from this brand new unit:

Slide1

Slide1Slide2

I also have activities in the drawers from other units that I’ve put together.  You can find those {here} {here} {here} and {here}   Penguins! Math and Literacy ActivitiesHot Chocolate Math and Literacy Centers Snowmen! Activities For Math and Literacy

 Bundle Up! Math and Literacy Centers to Keep you Warm! 

You can find blog posts about these activities {here} {here} and {here}!

I’ll be back with more Daily 5 ramblings later this week!

Stay tuned!

19 comments:

  1. I understand about spending too much time on the computer. Between creating activities for my classrom and tpt, and keeping my blog current, I am on the computer all the time! I hope to cut down on time on the computer too.

    Heart of Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kathleen! I am so excited you are jumping into the Daily 5 routine! I sure love it and have seen such great growth in my students this year! Thanks for the shout out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it comes to buying fine research chemicals online, quality is the key. buychemstore Research Chemicals for Sale constantly strives at providing you with the continuing evaluation, innovation and improvement to quality. We assure you the highest degree of confidence in all of our products not limited to but including cocaine for sale, LSD for sale, heroin for sale, pain medications for sale etc. Here at buychemstore, we pride ourselves on safety. That’s why we are constantly focused on providing our customers with a wealth of information. Not only are we a place to buy research chemicals for sale online, but a place to learn about both the advantages and proper treatment of research chemicals. buy pain medications online
    In the buchemstore.com catalogue, you can buy research chemicals, buy cocaine, buy heroin, buy LSD tablets, buy pain medication online with and without prescription and more is growing every day. If you require high purity research chemicals or other products that you are unable to find
    https://buychemstore.com/product-category/buy-cocaine/
    https://buychemstore.com/product-category/tussionex-cough-syrup/
    https://buychemstore.com/product-category/pain-medications/
    https://buychemstore.com/product-category/buy-lsd/
    https://buychemstore.com/product-category/buy-research-chemicals/
    buy research chemicals online
    buy pain medication online
    buy cocaine online

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Are you wondering where to get vape supplies online that will make your buy dank vapes online experience like no other? .Simply browse through our catalog and let buydankvapeonline’s Vapes exceed your expectations. At our store, you can buy dank vapes online, buy stiizy carts online, buy kingpens online, buy wholesale carts online, buy brass knuckles online at a click. Simply search by the device type or brand and then add the product that fits the bill to your cart. We will deliver it to you in no time so that you can enjoy your favorite clouds of vapor as soon as possible
    buy vape carts online
    buy dank vapes online
    buy stiizy carts online
    buy kingpens online
    buy wholesale carts online
    buy brass knuckles online
    buy Dank Vapes now
    buy KingPen online now
    where to buy dank vape online
    buy wholesale carts online now
    buy dank vape carts online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy Research Chemicals Online
    Highlife Chem shop is one of the best research chemical pharmacies on the market, providing our clients with second-to-none substances at a fraction of the cost. Buy research chemicals online very cheap at
    https://highlifechemshop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am regularly astonished by the quantity of knowledge obtainable on this subject. Everything you presented was perfectly investigated and nicely worded to be able to Obtain your stand on this throughout to all your readers.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read through your website frequently And that i just thought I’d say sustain the remarkable operate!สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคาร

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great write-up. I was examining continuously this blog site And that i am impressed! Really helpful information and facts specifically the final component I take care of such information a lot. I used to be in search of this individual info for an exceptionally while. Thank you and superior luck.บาคาร่าวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the insight to your wonderful putting up. I’m glad I have taken time to discover this.สล็อตทรูวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  11. An individual In some cases with visits your website on a regular basis and suggested it in my knowledge to read at the same time. Just how of writing is superb and likewise the written content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you present the audience!สล็อตแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is definitely the superb mentality, Even so is just not enable to produce every sence in any respect preaching about that mather. Virtually any system several many thanks In combination with I'd endeavor to advertise your own personal article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a Predicament using your data sites is it possible to make sure you recheck The thought. thanks once more.เว็บสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you're taking pride in Whatever you produce. This will make you stand way out from many other writers that push badly composed information.เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This might be Just about the most helpful blogs we have at any time run into on thesubject. In fact exceptional information! I’m also an expert During this matter so I can have an understanding of your exertion.เว็บตรงสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  15. It can be an incredible article – immense apparent and simple to understand. I am also Keeping out for the sharks also that built me chuckle.เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every thing has its worth. Many thanks for sharing this instructive data with us. GOOD operates!เกมสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  17. You recognize your assignments jump out of the crowd. There is a thing exceptional about them. It appears to me all of them are excellent.สล็อต เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete
  18. I find your site to be very informative, and if you're interested in learning how to roll the dice, check out my blog, which is also very interesting. Visit my website for more details about rolling the dice.

    ReplyDelete