Ten Frame Game..another one!

Here is another super fun, super easy 10 frame game that you can play with your kiddos TOMORROW! I prepped it in about 5 minutes!

You need some ten frames (1 for each student)

image

Some wooden cubes

some counters

and some sticky dots

Label 6 sticky dots

image

and stick them to the cubes.  You’ll need enough cubes for each pair of students.

The object of the game is to fill the ten frame.  The children will roll the dice and either add or take away that many counters.  The first to make it to 10 is the winner!  When they fill the frame, simply clear it and start all over again!  Super easy, and the kids LOVE to play it over and over again!

photo

    photo_2 photo_1 

photo_3

I hope you’ll try this game out with your kiddos! It’s an oldie, but a goodie, and sometimes you just don’t need anything fancy or cute to get the job done! 

But, if you’re looking for something fancy and cute to finish out your school year.  How about a little number review?  Fun with Numbers Part 2 and Fun with Numbers Part 1 are both available at my TpT store.  I’ve been working on Part 3 for a while now, just haven’t been able to get it done!  If you’re interested, just click below!

fun with numbers 2

10 comments:

  1. We've been doing a lot of ten frame practice this week as well. Thanks for the cute idea. I love the various colors on your ten frames. Where'd you get those?

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ten frame mats were an idea from Sarah Cooley! They are actually place mats that were at Wal-Mart last summer. I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning for my math groups next week and thinking that I need to include some more ten frame work... and then along comes your post! Thanks for the simple, effective idea. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ten-frame placemats rock! We do a similar active, but the addition, subtraction, and number/number word match stickers are on the front and back of a water bottle cap. For instance, on the top of the cap it will say, 2-1= and then on the inside it says 1 so that the students can self-check before they move on to the next problem. I have a number sheet that they color in as they go to give them accountability in the center. Awesome!

    Kirstin
    Bright Bulldogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! We are working on 10 frames, so this will be a great addition.
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this great game. I'd love to try it and see how my students do. I’m having a giveaway please stop by http://littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com/2013/04/science-writing-and-art-oh-my-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the game! I may already have all the poeces at school. I already own both part one and part two....LOVE them!!

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love ten frames....you are so right. Sometimes an oldie is a goodie! So glad we found your blog from DeeDee!!

    Fab 4 Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  9. These games are exactly what I need for this upcoming school year. My kids can't get enough of math games. Thank you for the freebie!

    ✰Janine
    Kindergarten Corps

    ReplyDelete