Life in An Ocean

Last week, we did a quick study of the ocean.  It was a crazy week with the 50th day of school and Veteran’s day!  I tried to squeeze in some activities in the three “normal” days that we had!  Here are some of the activities that we did:
image
DSCN4363image
We read many fiction and non-fiction ocean and fish books.
The inspiration for this thinking map and the graph above was from one of Kim Jordano's sessions at the saw at the I Teach K conference in Vegas.
(I made the describing map blank and just put the cards on velcro so that I could use it for other things!)
DSCN4367DSCN4368
This project was super fun – just a simple crayon resist – we used oil pastels instead of crayons though.  I love how the colors turned out so bright an vivid!DSCN4369DSCN4370DSCN4371
These centers are from Lakeshore Learning – it is a three in one center kit.  I won it at the National Kindergarten Conference this summer!
DSCN4372DSCN4373DSCN4374
I put these masks (I have a few more) in the dramatic play center.  They are so simple, but the kids think they are really fun! I’m can’t remember where I found them though!
DSCN4375

4 comments:

  1. This unit is quite adorable! Great blog!

    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I really enjoy Unit Two and working with all the habitats. I like the graphing and sorting activities you incorporate into the unit. Thank you for sharing your ideas, now I will have more to add for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a unit on TPT for the ocean theme? or where did you get these templates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have an ocean unit on TpT, something to work on for the summer! Some of the pages I created, some I got from a book. The last pictures are from Kim Jordano.

    ReplyDelete